It’s a question that we get asked a lot. What exactly do Lions do? Well, we are the world’s larges community service organization so we serve! Each Lions club serves it’s own local community as well as contributing to the larger Lions Club International organization which organizes the efforts for the big causes relating primarily to the blind and visually impaired. Here are just some of the examples of things the Apex Lions Club does:
Who do we serve?
- Our local community in Apex!
- Annual Fish Fry which benefits a local need in Apex
- Apex High School & Track team (scholarships, donations and the annual track meet at Apex High School)
- Scouting – sponsor for both Pack 312 and Troop 209
- Apex Explorer Post
- Citizens Assisting Apex Police (CAPA)
- Western Wake Crisis Ministry
- People all over the world
- Blind and Visually impaired
- Miscellaneous programs like Brighter Visions (formerly White Cane)
- Glasses collection and recycling
- Research and Support
- VIP programs, etc.
- We contribute to the International Association of Lions Clubs which supports worldwide efforts such as research for vision related illness
How do we serve?
- Raise money – at the NC State Fair, Fish Fry, etc.
- 100% of money raised goes to beneficiaries (we pay our own expenses with our dues)
- Financial gifts & Scholarships
Would you like to be a Lion too and help us make Apex even better?