We are 60 days from opening week of the Fair. Just a few reminders:
- Mark your calendars for Oct 16-26
- Plan on the days you want to work your 5 shifts
- Day shift opens at 7:30 AM and ends at 4 PM
- Evening shift starts at 4 PM and ends around 10 PM
- IF you can’t work then enlist spouse, kids etc to work for you
- The last weekend is always in need of help so if you can work the last Friday, Saturday and or Sunday please do so
- Signup sheet will be at the meeting starting September 4
Once you sign up try to stick with your schedule. It becomes an issue if we start moving around or changing dates. If you cannot make your shift you need to find someone to cover for you. Once the fair starts I do not have time to call people and try to find staffing. Please understand the importance of this.
The boy scouts will be working again to get their community service hours as well. Due to school etc they can only work evenings and weekends so I will be trying to work them in with the Lions. Several parents and Scout Leaders also help out at the Fair as well. We do 4 hours work schedule with the scouts due to school.
As the final signup days arrive I will have to call some of you to adjust the schedule or to work more shifts. I know some Lions cannot work a full day so talk to me, there are needs on 10 -15/16 for some 4 hours coverage on days shift. The nice thing is it always works out in the end but it is a bit hectic from time to time.
We have a number of new Lions who have never worked the Fair Booth Project so just ask me or Lion Joe’l and we will be glad to share with you how it all goes and answer any questions you might have.
Thanks for making this a successful effort for our club
Horace Johnson – Fair Booth Manager