For over 30 years, the Apex Lions Club has held a Fish Fry fund raiser to make Apex a Better place to live and raise our families. It has been held at the CC Jones Building at 309 Holleman St on the Friday following the third Thursday from the beginning. In the early years, 1970’s it was actually a Bar-B-Q, but since so many others were doing those the Lions wanted to offer folks a different menu. Being the event falls during Lent that made fish an even more desirable food for the season.
The Lions have long dedicated all the funds from this event to local need(s). In the past proceeds have gone to specific families in need, Boy Scouts Building Project, Western Wake Crisis Ministry, The Apex Police Explorer Post to name a few. This year the funds will be split between a couple Town of Apex projects.
- WESTERN WAKE CRISIS MINISTRY
- TURNER CREEK LEO CLUB WILL BE SELLING TICKETS AS A FIND RAISER FOR THEIR PROJECTS
- BOY SCOUT TRIOOP 209 AND PACK 312 WILL ALSO SELL TICKETS FOR THEIR BUILDING FUND
Tickets are on sale from any Apex Lion, CAPA members, Scouts from Troop 208 and Turner Creek LEO’s or by calling 919-218-3454.
Here are some details on the Event:
- PRICE – $10 PER PLATE WITH CHILDREN (under 7) PLATES AVAILABLE FOR $ 5 AT THE DOOR
- SERVING IS BUFFET STYLE – ALL YOU CARE TO EAT – ( IN ONLY)
- FISH, COLESLAW, BOILED POTATOES, HUSH PUPPIES, DRINK AND A CHOCOLATE BROWNIE
- SOME SPECIALITY DESERTS WILL BE OFFERED FOR SALE
- DELIVERIES OF 10 PLATES MORE ARE AVAILABLE – CALL 919-218-3454 TO PLACE ORDERS
- FOOD SERVED FROM 11 AM UNTIL 7 PM
- TAKE OUT PLATES ARE AVAILABLE
Where can you get a full meal with drink and dessert, no tipping, no taxes, no hassle and no dishes to wash all for only $ 10 a person plus know that the profits all go right back into our community.
Heck you can feed the entire family for less than half with it costs to eat out.
COME ENJOY A GREAT MEAL AND HELP US- “MAKE APEX A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE”
WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
LIONS MOTO – “ WE SERVE”